The following factors will be considered by the selection committee when selecting the National Team;
Form is a critical factor. Players performance from 2021/22 CCA competitions will be taken into consideration and not just a single performance. Quality of opposition will also be taken into account. Non-Cyprus based players are required to provide evidence through league records.
A player’s ability is the most important factor in determining his selection. No one benefits from a player who is simply not able to contribute.
All players are encouraged to attend scheduled training sessions. If players are unable to attend training, it is their responsibility to advise the team manager of their situation and attend when possible. It is expected that players will attend at least 50% of the scheduled training sessions. It is expected that all players will approach training sessions in the same way that they would approach a game. Players are expected to work hard during training and support each other at all times.
Players are required to demonstrate satisfactory levels of fitness in a wide range of areas. To be a successful cricket player, it is advantageous to have good levels of speed, power, and endurance fitness, and also have good reflexes, flexibility, coordination, and low body-fat levels.
Selectors / Team Management are entitled to have team balance, both in relation to the spread of batsmen and bowlers in the team as well as the type of batsmen and bowlers.
Every player will be considered available for selection unless they have notified accordingly.
COMPLAINTS & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
The selection committee exists to help and provide support and will always be available to listen should players have any complaints, suggestions or constructive criticism regarding the selection process. All issues of this nature should initially be addressed to the Chairman of Selectors.
Players must meet any one of three criteria below to be considered for selection:
1) The Player was born in Cyprus
A. Copy of the title page of passport and relevant page showing place of birth; OR
B. Copy of official birth certificate
2) At the date of submission of the relevant information to the ICC, the Player is able to demonstrate (by his/her possession of a valid passport issued by the Govt of Cyprus) that he/she is a national of Cyprus.
Copy of the title page of passport and relevant page showing nationality
3) At the date of submission of the relevant information to the ICC, the Player is a Resident of Cyprus. For the purposes of this Article, a Player will be deemed to be a ‘Resident' of Cyprus if the Player has had his/her primary and permanent home in Cyprus for the immediately preceding three years (since June 1, 2019), and Residence and Residency shall be construed accordingly.
A. The ICC’s template form titled ‘Data Summary for Resident Players’, properly completed and signed by the Cyprus Cricket Association and Player;
B. Any three of the following documents
- copy of Passport with entry dates stamped;
- driver’s licence;
- utility bills with name and address spanning the three year period;
- employment contract;
- income tax return documents;
- pay slip from employer;
- working visa;
- bank statements;
- rental/lease agreement for home;
- mortgage agreement;
- property purchase/bill of sale;
- naturalization card (i.e. green card);
- vehicle registration document;
- school record/transcription;
- social security or medical insurance card.
C. Player must meet EU / Schengen travel regulations
+ Any other relevant information that confirms that the Player has had his/her primary and permanent home in Cyprus over the immediately preceding three years.
To qualify thru Residency criteria; A, B, C requirements are MANDATORY